Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: problem imputing ranktransfer DV to computer

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just got a Mini DV tape back from being ranked and I can't get the video signal into my computer via my fire wire.

    I can use the same camcorder to play back the tape and dub it to S-VHS or VHS via an S-VHS cable.

    I can play pre existing tapes (both from Rank transfer and tapes made on this camera into this same computer and can dub them out via fire wire to this same DV CAMERA.

    Teck stuff:

    My camera is a Sony VX-1000 and the computer is an 400 Hz IMac with lots of RAM and hard drive space. The video program is Imovie which comes pre configured with the IMac.

    This is the first time I've ever had a problem. Any ideas what and ware the problem could be? [img]frown.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Solution.

    Make a firewire DV dub of your footage. Use the DV dub as your source tape that you will import into your computer. When you make the DV dub, use your camcorder as the recorder for the DV dub. Then you can use that same camcorder as your player for the actual importing into the computer.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:Solution.Make a firewire DV dub of your footage. Use the DV dub as your source tape that you will import into your computer. When you make the DV dub, use your camcorder as the recorder for the DV dub. Then you can use that same camcorder as your player for the actual importing into the computer.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I am truly not understanding this.

    And what I am going to wright next will probably not relate.

    My firewire works from the camera to the iMac.

    I do not have two DV cameras to firewire direct to. The firewire cable I have works only from the camera standard DV firewire port, to the iMac confection port.

    If I were to come out of the camera S-VHS to my Panasonic SVHS tape deck, I could not get it back into the computer, I could only then make S and V hs copies.

    Last night after posting this problem, I had a chance to look at the VHS copy that I made.
    While making the copy, it looked good on the fly. But when playing it back ...It lost sinc.

    Much of the footage at that point was dark, could it be the IRE was under 7.5? But as you know the transfer was made at a very reputable company.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •